Sunday, 20 March 2011

INTRODUCTION.

First of all i would like to introduce myself,my name is Bob Edmondson,i live on an acreage about 45 minutes North East of Calgary,Alberta.I had a small lawncare business in Calgary called, The Lawnmower Man,which i did for around 17 years,i have put the odd patio down and a couple of pathways but lawncare was the main thing.I am retired now but i kept one condo complex to do,keeps me busy a couple of days a week,plus i love to mow grass.I have a large vegetable garden,last year it was 110ft by 32ft,this year it will be 110ft by 40ft,i added another 8ft to the width.The garden was started from scratch 2 years ago, it was a field,so the first thing i did was make some of it into a garden.I now have 2 small greenhouses on there which i made last year.I have been gardening for 50 years now,28 of them here in calgary, and i think i do quite well considering the weather factor.My main goal last year was to grow enough vegetables in the garden to feed 5 adults all year which i did,vegetables are my main thing and i only grow what we eat,i do really well with my tomatoe's.All my plants are grown from seed and cuttings.Although my gardening is a little unorthadox,i don't seem to have many problems.Let me tell what i mean by unorthadox,one of my greenhouses is 12ft by 8ft and i plant 54 tomato plants in there,i harvested just over 350lb's of tomatoe's from there last year.I am doing this blog to try to help new gardeners get a good start and give them some new idea's.I want to show you how i do it,plus,what i use to do it and why i do it this way.I am going to put some of my pictures of my vegetables i grew last year on here  and let you be the judge,also i want to try and put some video's on here.See you next time...Bob.

Last years tomatoe's in the greenhouse.

Last years tomatoe harvest.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home